A few simple anatomy tips about the structure of the spine-
1. The spine is a series of five curves- cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral and coccyx.
2. Each region of the spine has a direction of curve
3. Cervical vertebra are smaller in comparison to other vertebra in the spine and a hole is located in each transverse process.
4. The thoracic vertebra articulate with the ribs.
5. Lumbar vertebra are large in size/mass and have limited range of movement
6. The sacrum is five fused vertebrae that form a boney wedge that rests in between the two iliums.
7. The coccyx is 3-4 fused vertebral segments.