Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in the United States which is odd because most forms of it are preventable.
It is odd in that either people want to have a heart attack or they don’t know what they can do avoid such an event. Here are some statistics from the Mayo Clinic and their Essential Heart Guide:
1. 80 million Americans have some form of heart disease- roughly 1 in 3 adults.
2. Every year 2 million Americans have a heart attack or stroke.
3. Every day over 2000 Americans die of heart disease.
4. Heart disease kills more people each year than all forms of cancer.
5. Heart disease kills nearly five times as many women as does breast cancer.
6. About a third of Americans who die each year of heart disease are under the age of 75.
7. According to statistics in 2010, health care costs and lost economic productivity due to heart disease and stroke cost Americans and estimated $444 billion.
Now that you know the numbers the question to be asked, “What can you do to improve your heart health? “
As the saying goes, “knowledge is power,” so after looking at the common risk factors Legacy Sport & Wellness Center organized a monthly Wellness- Coaching Program to educate people about how their body works so they can take the necessary steps to make permanent changes.
Risk factors according to the Mayo Clinic include- high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, smoking, lack of physical activity, age and family history.
The answer to the question above, “What can you do?” … enroll in Legacy Sport & Wellness Center’s monthly Wellness Program and learn how to build a routine that supports heart health and vitality.
We offer monthly coaching classes, group exercise and semi-private training classes, mental coaching, and we help you design a plan- a weekly routine, to support permanent change. We teach simple home tests you can do on a daily basis to monitor your progress.
To learn more about the Legacy Sport & Wellness Center and our Wellness-Coaching Program contact the center- www.legacyperformwell.com