- At A Glance: Proposition 37 • It would require most genetically engineered, processed foods and produce sold in supermarkets and other retailers to be labeled as such. GMO food would be prohibited from using the phrase “natural” on their labels. Meat, dairy, alcohol and restaurant foods would be exempt.A California-based organization pushing for the labeling of GM foods, The Right to Know, highlights independent studies that have linked GMOs to increased allergies, asthma, autism, and ADHD.Opposition comes from agribusiness and pesticide companies, to name just a few.
- Meningitis & steroid shots close to home:More than 100 patients received steroid shots, via tainted serum, for back pain.
GMO FOOD FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- A French research team documented that rats fed a ‘lifetime’ of Monsanto’s GM corn had premature death, organ damage, and massive tumors all over the body.
- According to Organic Spies, anywhere from 20%-30% of Whole Foods products contain GMOs.
- Studies have shown that eating GMO produce grown from seeds modified with Round-Up alters human DNA to the extent that people begin to produce. Round-Up in the GI tract!
- EU may also ban Monsanto GMO in the wake of shocking cancer findings.
- An animal study done by the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science suggests that genetically modified foods contributes to weight gain, excessive hunger, and other changes to the body. Salmon studied developed an inability to properly digest certain proteins and showed intestinal changes.
- A California-based organization pushing for the labeling of GM foods, The Right to Know, highlights independent studies that have linked GMOs to increased allergies, asthma, autism, and ADHD.
JUST SAY ‘NO’ TO GMO!