Definition: The ELDOA are postural exercises (LOADS) that you can do yourself with the primary goal being to increase the space within a chosen articulation. As the ELDOA ‘create’ space, there is an improvement in joint mechanics, increased blood flow, reduced pressure on the discs, a reduction of pain, spinal disc rehydration, better muscle tone, improved posture, and a sense of well being and awareness.
The goals of the ELDOA are as follows:
- To create more space between the vertebrae.
- To create more space for the intervertebral disc.
- To depress the nerve between the vertebrae.
- To improve proprioception of the vertebral joint segment.
- To improve proprioception of the Functional Spinal Unit (FSU).
- To hydrate the intervertebral disc.
- To move all the parts of the annulus fibrosis to stimulate the water intake.