Soma Summer School is an intensive review of select course material from the SomaTraining, SomaTherapy, and ELDOA programs organized by Guy VOYER, DO and hosted by Legacy Sport & Wellness Center.
The goal of Soma Summer School is to enhance your Soma skill set.
Soma Summer School differs from the traditional course organization in that sessions include daily exercise and extended mid-day breaks (depending upon the module) which allows for some rest and relaxation and makes for a well-rounded SomaPractitioner experience.
Module One: A Review of ELDOA 1 and ELDOA 2
One Day: August 5, 2016
Module Two (Two Parts): Introduction to Abdominal Training and thoracic Diaphragm and Introduction to Myofascial Stretching
One Day: August 6, 2016
Legacy will host a Meet and Greet from 6:30 to 8:30 pm on August 4th at the Center.
For Travel and Hotel information, please see our website.
Click on the “Company” tab on our Home page, then the sub-tab “Contact”.
MODULE ONE: A REVIEW OF ELDOA 1 AND ELDOA 2
- Anatomy & Biomechanics Review
- Review of Cinesiology Principles
- Practical Review of ELDOA 1 and 2 Exercises, Cueing, and Factorsof Progression
- How to Work as an ELDOA Practitioner: Program Design Templates, Client Handouts, and How to Use a Health History Screen
MODULE TWO (Two Parts): Introduction to Abdominal Training and Thoracic Diaphragm, and Introduction to Myofascial Stretching
- What are the Abdominals?
- How to Train Internal, External, and Middle Ranges
- Introduction to Anatomy Biomechanics
- Sample ABS Workout
- What is the Thoracic Diaphragm?
- What is Myofascial Stretching?
- Myofascial Stretching of the Diaphragm
- Teach the Base Postures of Select Myofascial Stretching
The Legacy Sport & Wellness Center staff looks forward to seeing you in August!