The ELDOA Center of Dallas (Legacy Sport & Wellness Center ) has been using the ELDOA postures with our clients for 15 years. We have been teaching ELDOA Group Exercise Classes for over a decade.
The ELDOA are postural exercises (LOADS) that you can do yourself with the primary goal being to increase the space between a chosen joint. Designed by French osteopath, Guy VOYER, DO, the ELDOA utilize myofascial stretching to put tension around a primary lesion, making it the center of “separating forces”. The myofascial tension creates a postural normalization in a specific joint, resulting in numerous benefits.
The GOALS of the ELDOA are the following:
• To create more space between the vertebrae.
• To create more space for the intervertebral disc.
• To depress the nerve between the vertebrae.
• To improve proprioception of the vertebral joint segment.
• To improve proprioception of the Functional Spine Unit (FSU).
• To hydrate the intervertebral disc.
• To move all parts of the annulus fibrosis.
• To stimulate the water intake.